• Finish jobs faster with cut speeds three times greater than oxyfuel on 1/2" mild steel.
• Spend less time on grinding and edge preparation due to superior cut and gouge quality.
Low operating costs
• Reduce costs with long consumable life and more uptime.
• Electrode end-of-life detection protects the torch and workpiece from damage by automatically stopping power when the electrode is overused.
Easy-to-use for cutting and gouging
• No need to change the air pressure. Smart Sense™ technology ensures that it is always correctly set.
• Drag cut at full output with a patented shield that reduces dross buildup for smoother cutting.
• Tackle different jobs with multiple, easy-to-use torch styles.
Built and tested to withstand the harshest conditions
• Duramax® torches are designed for high-impact and heat resistance.
• SpringStart™ technology ensures consistent starting and a more reliable torch.
• Low maintenance for maximum uptime.
Professional-grade plasma metal cutting and gouging system for handheld cutting 1-1/4" and mechanized piercing 7/8".
Duramax standard torch styles
- 75° hand torch
- 15° hand torch
- 180° mini machine torch
- 180° full-length machine torch
|Input voltages||200–600 V, 3-PH, 50/60 Hz|
|Kilowatt output||16.8 kW|
|Input current @ 16.8 kW||200/208/240/480/600 V, 3-PH 58/56/49/25/22 A|
|Output current||30–105 A|
|Rated output voltage||160 VDC|
|Duty cycle @ 104° F (40° C)||70% @ 105 A, 240 V, 3-PH|
|80% @ 105 A, 480–600 V, 3-PH|
|100% @ 94 A, 480–600 V, 3-PH|
|100% @ 88 A, 240 V, 3-PH|
|Open circuit voltage (OCV)||300 VDC|
|Dimensions with handles||23.3" D; 10.8" W; 20.0" H|
|Weight w/25' torch||100 lbs|
|Gas supply||Clean, dry, oil-free air or nitrogen|
|Recommended gas inlet flow rate/pressure||Cutting: 460 scfh, 7.7 scfm @ 85 psi|
|Gouging: 480 scfh, 8.0 scfm @ 70 psi|
|Input power cable length||10'|
|Power supply type||Inverter – IGBT|
|Engine drive requirement||30 kW for full 105 A output|
|Certifications||CSA-certified for use in the Americas and Asia, except China|
|Warranty||Power supplies have a 3-year warranty and torches a 1-year warranty|