Powermax 85 Air Plasma
• Finish jobs faster with cut speeds two and a half times greater than oxyfuel on 1/2" mild steel.
• Spend less time on grinding and edge preparation due to superior cut and gouge quality.
Easy-to-use for cutting and gouging
• No need to change the air pressure. Smart Sense™ technology ensures that it is always correctly set.
• Drag cut at full output with a patented shield that reduces dross buildup for smoother cutting.
• Tackle different jobs with multiple, easy-to-use torch styles.
Low operating costs
• Reduce costs with long consumable life and more uptime.
• High power efficiency lowers energy consumption.
Built and tested to withstand the harshest conditions
• Duramax® torches are designed for high-impact and heat resistance.
• SpringStart™ technology ensures consistent starting and a more reliable torch.
• Low maintenance for maximum uptime.
Professional-grade plasma metal cutting and gouging system for handheld cutting 1" and mechanized piercing 3/4".
Duramax standard torch styles
- 180° mini machine torch
- 15° hand torch
- 75° hand torch
- 180° full-length machine torchMaximum productivity
|Input voltages||200–480 V, 1-PH, 50/60 Hz
200–600 V, 3-PH, 50/60 Hz
|Kilowatt output||12.2 kW|
|Input current @ 12.2 kW||200/208/240/480 V, 1-PH 70/68/58/29 A
200/208/240/480/600 V, 3-PH 42/40/35/18/17 A
|Output current||25–85 A|
|Rated output voltage||143 VDC|
|Duty cycle @ 104° F||60% @ 85 A, 230–600 V, 3-PH
60% @ 85 A, 480 V, 1-PH
50% @ 85 A 240 V, 1-PH
50% @ 85 A, 200–208 V, 3-PH
40% @ 85 A, 200–208 V, 1-PH
100% @ 66 A, 230–600 V, 1/3-PH
|Open circuit voltage (OCV)||305 VDC|
|Dimensions with handles||19.7" D; 9.2" W; 17.9" H|
|Weight w/25' torch||71 lbs.|
|Gas supply||Clean, dry, oil-free air or nitrogen|
|Recommended gas inlet flow rate/pressure||Cutting: 400 scfh, 6,7 scfm @ 85 psi
Gouging: 450 scfh, 7,5 scfm @ 70 psi
|Input power cable length||10'|
|Power supply type||Inverter – IGBT|
|Engine drive requirement||20 kW for full 85 A output|
|Certifications||CSA-certified for use in the Americas and Asia, except China.|
|Warranty||Power supplies have a 3-year warranty and torches a 1-year warranty|